Are you into sports? If so, which?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joey M, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Are you into sports? If so, which?

I am quite sports mad, I once used to play virtually everything available in the UK (even Basketball) when I was at school. I mostly like watching football (soccer), tennis, sometimes rugby.

Not a huge fan of cricket but I can watch it.

I like keeping tabs on hockey (US), Basketball (both UK & US) and various football leagues. Yourself?

2. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Love sports and around it all the time. As a kid, played football (American), basketball, and baseball. Played tennis competitively in HS. Now that I have kids, spend alot of time at the fields coaching and watching baseball, softball, basketball, football, and cross country.

I don't watch too much professional sports with the exception of last year's run by the Cavs to win the NBA championship. Watch alot more college and HS sports.

I can't imagine a time that I won't be around sports.

3. CyberDrifter

CyberDrifter Staff Member

Is eating pizza a sport? I like to do that. I fish and hunt but suspect those are not the sports to which you are referring.

4. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

If you are still in High School, you need to move to Kentucky. They have a high school state championship for Bass Fishing.

Although I've never seen this event up close and personal, it would probably be alot of fun. The student section chants ought to be pretty interesting when they are allowed to use "Bass" in their chants!

5. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Actually, Fishing is a sport (when competitive).

I would have added wrestling but that would have introduced an whole new style of debate and probably end up with comments about WWE/TNA not being a sport (which it isn't). :p

6. TheGamingRow

TheGamingRow Member

I'm really into football. Or soccer if you are from the USA! :)

Play it twice a week and on FIFA 17. I'm also a season ticket holder at Leicester City Football club. I also love WRC and Colin McRae is my all time fave driver.

7. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Never soccer @TheGamingRow !! Being from the UK you should know that is an instant red card. Oh wait, I placed it in brackets... Oh well :p

I enjoy racing also, used to race go carts near Leicester back when I was 10.

8. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Us crazy Americans get very confused when you say football and mean something other than what we are accustomed to. Soccer has definitely gotten bigger in America. It's growth started right after I was out of youth sports. I would say as many kids are now playing youth soccer here as most of the major sports. Unfortunately for the sport, the participation level drops significantly as kids get older and start to specialize.

We have very good pockets for the sport but I'm sure most communities would still love to "Pass to the Italians" (reference from the movie "Kicking & Screaming")