Are you superstitious?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MBSky, Oct 12, 2016.

1. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Pretty simple question, are you superstitious?

I was interested in posting another thread about something that is bad that happens to most people. Just curious if this thing ever happened to you...but then I thought that I might be tempting fate, so I decided not to ask the question. So I guess that makes me superstitious.

And no, I'm not going to reveal the question, which I guess makes me really superstitious!!! O.O

2. shaila

shaila Staff Member

I suspect most people are some level of superstitious, whether they admit it or not.
    I frequently humor about "jinxing" luck with making absolute statements, but it's less about outright "superstition" and more appreciating that the universe likes keeping people humble about certainty. lol

3. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I follow many blindly, as I have grown up with certain things such as seeing a single magpie equally bad luck or sorrow - I will always say I see two regardless but I don't believe it. I used to throw salt over my shoulder but mainly because I found it funny as a child, I also would avoid stepping on cracks on the pavement but really I know that its just something which doesn't hold any barrings on life.