Captcha what?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shaila, Sep 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. shaila

shaila Staff Member

Got to love some of the weird stuff Google reCaptcha asks you to identify...

google_captcha_blur20160911.png

Maybe it'd help if they didn't blur the sign? o_O

Anyone else have some funny/curious captcha challenges to share? :)

2. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

It's a trick question, designed for this exact reason - we humans will know where the street sign is.

You'd be surprised how clever bots an be, yet things like this can put 'em off. I think it was 'stopforumspam' that had a game version, basically one of which was a toilet and it asked you to put number 2's inside it. I'm not even remotely joking.

3. shaila

shaila Staff Member

I'm a little disappointed I haven't played the toilet captcha. :p

4. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I'm not sure they exist anymore, I loved their games that really prevented spammers from joining but they shut down their API and I had to revert to the inbuilt method.

Can't find it even on Google.

5. Derpy_Stepdad

Derpy_Stepdad Partner

I had a very interesting one that was putting germs of a certain colors into a tissue or something. I wonder if it was using that API that was mentioned earlier in the post.

6. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Nothing funny, just kind of annoying. I hate it when they ask you to identify which squares have something and it bleeds a little into the next square. Do you select it or not? Doesn't matter how many times I do it, it seems like I always get it wrong. I can select every square that has a piece...wrong! I select only the squares that have the whole image...wrong!

Somehow, I think there is probably one little guy somewhere waiting for me to come upon a captcha and he throws them out there for me just waiting to press the "wrong" button. Kind of like Santa's "Naughty or Nice" list. No matter what I do, I can't get on that guys good side!