Desktop, laptop, tablet, and/or phone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MBSky, Oct 2, 2016.

1. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

How do you surf the web and if it's a combination of the above, what is the percentage that you use each of them?

I'm personally on my desktop a few hours a day because of work and other things. I have some friends that rarely get on a desktop anymore and surf mostly from their phone (although it's truly apps for them). I do enjoy the freedom of using a phone to do some of the mundane things that I do on the internet but can't imagine what it would be like to not have a desktop at all.

2. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I use my phone and laptop mostly.

I have an Ipad mini, also another Android tablet but I mostly let my children use them now. I'm virtually always on either my phone or laptop, to which is usually site or social media related.

3. TheGamingRow

TheGamingRow Member

in short i use all of the ones you mentioned, most of the time its with the sony tablet.

4. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get a new tablet, probably for or after Christmas.

Think then that would replace my mobiles high demand, as I don't use it much for calling and sometimes my work prevents getting jobs done because of that.

5. shaila

shaila Staff Member

Mostly a desktop user. I have a smart phone (Galaxy S6) and two tablets (first gen and second gen iPads), so I do use mobile apps, but when it comes to browsing / entertainment, I'd rather have a bigger screen, a full-size keyboard, and a mouse. Trying to view things on a small screen (albeit high resolution) bothers me... a lot of websites either plain aren't optimized for mobile or are "optimized" in not so friendly ways.

6. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Looks like we are becoming the dinosaurs of the internet. I have a feeling in a couple years, some of these kids won't even know what a desktop is...at least until they get to work in an office environment.

shaila likes this.
  7. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Does anyone own a Windows based tablet?

I'm curious if anyone can confirm that they're indeed like a laptop in terms of power and ability, I love Android tablets but they lack ability on social media for example when you share links on pages on the go - it doesn't embed the meta. I have to use a third party app that does this and its not very practical. Also writing articles and submitting them usually resorts in issues.

8. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Never had one and will probably be a couple years before getting one. I've fallen into a retail nightmare of buying too many electronics to try out everything new. I just have too many devices and I've decided not to buy anymore for a while until I really need it. With that said, I would like to get a Windows based tablet!!!

9. SacredCri

SacredCri New Member

I used all, I started off using a tablet 100% of the time, but a few year later I got my first computer, then I kind-of transferred over. But most recently I got a new phone, so now it's like C: 25% and P: 75%. C being the computer and P being my phone.