Do you like Amusement Parks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MBSky, Oct 25, 2016.

1. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Do you like Amusement Parks? If so, which is your favorite?

We go to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio every summer. It's arguably the best roller coaster amusement park in the world. They have 17 listed on their webpage here:
    Roller Coasters | Cedar Point

They just got rid of the Mean Streak which I am glad they did. It was the worst roller coaster that I've ever been on. It threw you around more than any other coaster by far and I'm sure has caused more than a few concussions. The only good thing about it was that they line was extremely short because no one else wanted to ride it after their first time.

2. TheGamingRow

TheGamingRow Member

I do love theme parks / amusement parks but there has been a few accidents and disaters latley that are putting me off from going.

Alton towers was always a fave of mine as a kid but now im older im unsure if i would like it as much! It is really close to me, around 30 miles away so not a great loss if we don't enjoy it.

3. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I'm at the age whereby I get motion sick very easily - it can be quite bad, as it sometimes makes me ill for days and for this reason I have cut back. I do enjoy rides, especially with my family but due to the above and my disability (I dislocate my knees very easily and almost daily) I just avoid overloading on rides.

That said I do enjoy Amusement/Theme Parks, regardless if I go on rides - I will go and watch my family enjoy themselves.

4. TheGamingRow

TheGamingRow Member

i guess we could take the kids and not have to go on any of the 'bigger' rides. like you said, as long as the family are enjoying tjem selves then i guess that's all that matters.

5. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I've convinced my kids that I'm a "tough old guy" and can't let them know how sick those stinking roller coasters make me anymore. I can usually endure the more tame rides but "Top Thrill Dragster", "Millennium Force" and "Magnum XL-200" are just a little bit out of my comfort zone. Usually when they want to go on those, I tell them I have to go see one of those darn shows that their Mother wants to see. So I just tell them to have fun and maybe we can ride it again later when their Mother's show is over!!!

6. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I find its the ones my children like the most which makes me feel sick and funny, roller coasters I could manage the last time I went on them (it's literally less than a minute where I go on holiday) and I once went on the then biggest in Europe 5 times in a row. Haha!

That made me feel weird, when I slept it was like my world was upside down and I constantly felt like I was floating.

Whereas on the children's rides its all motion!!

I really should try this. :p