Favourite holiday destination?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joey M, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I've only been abroad once, that was during a school trip and I felt homesick the whole time (once getting there) and all the way back home - which sort of damped the mood.

10+ years later, I go with my family to a UK seaside town called 'Skegness'.

It's a very nice place, although its being ruined with this constant 'partying' and 'loud music' trend and I really hope the town manages to keep some of its core values - which families like myself have become to respect. Every year since birth we have gone, in my early 20's I tended to stay for 3 weeks and you often get people say 'there isn't much to do' but there is plenty.

Anywho, its great to spend time on the beach - building sandcastles and having water fights etc.

Where is your favourite holiday destination?

2. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

For the past 25 years, we have gone to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina just about every year. It's about an 11 hour ride to get there but it's worth it. It's gotten quite a bit busier over the last decade due to all the building that has gone on all over the island. Fortunately, it still has maintained it's quiet, slow paced life that made it a top destination. If you like the beach, tennis, and golfing, this is the place for you.

It also has some great restaurants all over the island. During the summer, the waiting time can get pretty long at most of the better places. During the Fall, Winter, and Spring, things are very casual and easy to get in.

3. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Just an update on this, looks like a family trip to Disney World next Summer. I enjoy Disney but I don't like their prices and over commercialization. The rest of the family just enjoys Disney without thinking about any of the other stuff, so we are going for sure. I'm hoping to get the whole trip paid for before we head down there and can just forget about the giant hole in my wallet!!

I'm positive everyone else will have a great time!