Favourite movies per genres

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joey M, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

What is your favourite movie per each of these genres? Horror, Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller and Drama.

Horror: Friday the 13th
    Action: Standing Tall
    Sci-Fi: Terminator
    Thriller: Seven
    Drama; Forest Gump

What about you? Which are yours?

2. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

This is going to be tough. I'll just put the first thought for each one. So these are all subject to change:

Horror: "Nightmare on Elm Street"
    Action: "Rocky"
    Sci-Fi: "Total Recall" (original)
    Thriller: "Jaws"
    Drama; "The Sixth Sense"

Joey M likes this.
  3. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Surprisingly I watched Jaws last week.

Prior I had never seen it all the way through, as when I was growing up I tended to avoid things I felt was overrated and the parts I saw I generally felt was boring. I actually enjoyed it - Nightmare on Elm Street is another of my favourites, as I love the late 80's slashers.

4. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Jaws was great and it came out when I was probably a little too young to see it, but I saw it anyway. That's why it really left a mark.

Nightmare on Elm Street was the scariest of the movies to me because there was some actual realism to it. All those little details like running fast and being caught by a slow walking monster don't make too much sense. But in a dream world, they don't have to make sense...you are dreaming!! Scariest scene back then to me was this one:

Just found out that the woman that plays Elise Rainier in "Insidious" was the teacher in that scene.