Fitness - do you go for jogs or walks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joey M, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Something I am planning to do, even though winter has pretty much set in now is going for walks and jogs. Due to me increasingly finding it difficult to walk some days (I suffer from dislocations to my knee), I'm trying to reduce some of my puppy fat (okay its from drinking haha) but it got me thinking.

Anyone here into fitness? Like running or walking? I thought it could be an interesting topic.

2. shaila

shaila Staff Member

I haven't done much specific exercise recently, thanks to a somewhat messed up schedule, but I hope to return soon to regular walks with my kids. I don't know so much about now, but I used to easily go a few miles without being worn out. :p

3. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I do a lot of walking with my three children (despite my knee issue), they enjoy it and awhile back the council decided to put in a scheme to encourage kids to walk to various points throughout our city - problem was, it only stayed for about a month before moving onto another city but my kids loved it.

Hoping to do some more serious running/walking though.

4. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

I wish I had the time and energy. Most of my walking/exercising comes in the form of walking around my front and backyard trying to clean it up. Seems we have 6 months of leaves falling, 9 months of grass cutting, and 3 months of snow shoveling. The worst is when the three overlap.

Next house I get is going to have a tiny lot and it's going to have artificial grass!!

5. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Ha! I know the feeling, I still haven't done any!!

I plan to join a gym soon, which I'm looking forward to working on my knees (I suffer from serve dislocations). Though I have lost a little of my shape with puppy fat, nothing major but if I don't do something about it - I know it will become a problem. I have been playing football (soccer) regularly mind, quite hard to do with my knees but I find the workout to really help.

6. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Funny little saying I read the other day:

"If my body is ever found dead on a jogging trail, just know that I was murdered elsewhere and dumped there."