Indians versus Cubs World Series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MBSky, Nov 3, 2016.

1. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Not sure if there are any baseball fans on here but that was one of the most interesting series that I have ever seen. I've always liked baseball but understand why some think it is boring. With this World Series, I was on the edge of my seat on every pitch.

Congrats to the Cubs on finally winning a World Series after a 100+ year drought. Maybe it will be the Indians year next year.

2. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I like playing baseball, yet I don't get much chance to watch it - its certainly more interesting than cricket but equally on par with being 'slow'.

I don't really know the ins these days, such as who's the best team or which of the above should win.

3. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

I would like to try playing Cricket just once. It looks like alot of fun and is very similar to baseball. It comes on ESPN every once in a while and I'll watch it for a few minutes before I realize that I have no idea what the rules are.

As for who was supposed to win, probably the Chicago Cubs. The Cleveland Indians were fairly good all year but had some late injuries that really hurt them. Just making it to the World Series was a remarkable feat. Just one swing of the bat in the 9th inning and Cleveland would have been having the downtown parade today!!!