What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MBSky, Nov 18, 2016.

1. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

What is the current song that you are listening to? Radio, video, internet, youtube, streaming, doesn't matter where, just curious what it is you are listening to...

For me, just watched the videos for "Hurt". Both versions; Nine Inch Nails and Johnny Cash.

Both are great songs and even though they are supposed to be the same, they are still very different. They each pull at your emotions but from slightly different angles. The song is amazing that it can capture the young person angst and also the end of life for an elderly person who had accomplished so much but felt that they really didn't do anything significant.

2. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Listening to The Chainsmokers' "Closer" right now. I've heard the song for quite a while now and really like it. Just did a little searching about the song and group. Funny how people can look very different than you picture them when listening to the radio.

Interestingly, Casey Kasem was the first person that I heard on the radio that taught me that lesson. VERY different looking than what I expected.

3. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Recently, I have listened to a lot of retro Pop Punk - with the likes of Green Day and Blink 182 releasing new albums.

4. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Just changed the thread title. Hope it makes a little more sense now than when it said "lisening to?"

Today was a Christmas music day. They had a Country Music Christmas special on tonight. Kind of got me in the mood to listen to more of it. One of my favorites is the old standby "Little Drummer Boy".

5. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I listen to a radio station called 'Absolute Radio', they have spin off's for the 80's,90's and 00's. Also, they have a promise not to repeat any son between 9-5. This commonly goes beyond this point and its just like the classic radio from back in the day. Not many people realise that due to cost saving measures and other reasons, much is already planned out by the norm stations.

They operate in playlists and even dummy 'live' shows which are pre-recorded (hence why sometimes no matter how much you try, you'll never get through in order to enter contests). lol

I've also been hearing a lot of Christmas songs, but this is one of my favourites.

6. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

I've been listening/watching some Bo Burnham (comedian) videos. His songs are actually kind of catchy but they aren't likely to ever get any airplay on the radio because they are in the "comedy genre".

I'm afraid to go to Youtube too often to watch videos because I usually start with one video that I wanted to watch and then 2 hours later, realize that I've spent WAY too much time on YouTube.