Where are you from?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MBSky, Sep 30, 2016.

1. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

If you are from the United States, which state? From another country, post the country or be more specific if you want.

I'm from the Great State of Ohio!! As we were told growing up, it's "The Heart of it All". Looking at the map, it kind of makes sense. Also, we seem to be a little microcosm of America. Similar racial, ethnic, and religious makeup to the rest of the country.

Being from the Northern part of Ohio, we like to make fun of those Southerners from Cincinnati. They seem to think they aren't really part of Ohio. We are practically ready to give them to Kentucky if they would have them!!

2. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I'm from Robin Hood country.

Nottinghamshire born a bred, however interestingly I have a very plain English accent (the type people in American confuse for an Australian even though I don't sound from there) - basically its not the Queen's English. Its a nice city, yet its fallen behind neighbours like Leicester and Derby.

Still very proud to be from here. =)

3. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

Came very close to visiting England once but never made it. We were in Paris for the week. It was a trip that we won on the internet when the internet was still very young (2000). We kind of felt lost in Paris and were basically on our own. We did all the touristy things and still had a couple days left. Really felt like going to England because we thought it might be our only chance. 15 years later, still haven't been there but it's still on the list.

Joey M likes this.
  4. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

Majority of places in England are very nice, our media likes putting people off by labelling them stupid things - such as Nottingham was once described as 'the gun capital of the world' despite only having 13% of gun related crime - compared to other cities like London which was considerably higher.

I've never been to Paris, its somewhere I would like to visit mind - I have only been to a small French seaside town mind. I am to visit America and Italy due to having a large amount of online friends from those nations.

I would highly recommend Liverpool, Birmingham, Derby, Lincoln and Blackpool (not forgetting Notts).

5. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

If I ever get over there, I would like to visit several towns and see the "real" people of England. My biggest fear would certainly be the driving part. I think I would get the hang of it pretty quick driving on the "wrong" side of the road :rolleyes:

Just would be afraid that something that would take a quick reaction I would go the opposite way.