Why do you lurk instead of post?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MBSky, Sep 19, 2016.

1. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

I've always enjoyed talking with other people across the internet. Always finding something interesting or useful. Some people think I talk too much, but I'm OK with that. What makes me curious is why people come to a site frequently without posting?

I know that this is an odd question because it's very unlikely that someone who likes to remain quiet is going to post while those of us that like to post frequently really can't answer the question satisfactorily.

So this is my challenge to the random person that finds this thread, reads though it, and has some thoughts but hasn't posted yet. This is your opportunity and it will answer one of those curious questions.

2. Derpy_Stepdad

Derpy_Stepdad Partner

A lot of the time I'm not very social person, it takes time for me to get comfortable around people and then I will talk a lot more. Not sure of this is how everyone else is but it's his I am.

3. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

I don't really lurk on any site, if I enjoy something I will join in - if I don't then I simply don't visit. I might not have enough time to fully engage, but I never just remain in the background.

4. MBSky

MBSky Well-Known Member

That is what makes these site so entertaining...the posts by people from so many different backgrounds. You can learn alot about the world by meeting people from so many places. One thing that I have to keep in mind is that not everyone shares the same experiences that I have. Television, sports, movies, music can all be significantly different from country to country.

shaila likes this.
  5. mrLS42

mrLS42 New Member

Too busy building!!