XSplit lifetime license

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaila, Oct 27, 2016.

1. shaila

shaila Staff Member

If anyone is using XSplit (streaming/recording software), there's currently a deal on getting a lifetime premium license. It's 199 USD if you don't have an active license, but people upgrading from a different license will get the value of the current license subtracted from the $199. I haven't seen a clear end date for the the deal yet, but an official Xsplit tweet seems to suggest this will go on at least a couple weeks.

I've used XSplit Premium a lot during the last few years, so I'm intending to take advantage of the deal next week. I had to disable automatic payment to view my cost, but it seems even though my last license purchase was only for three months, I'm being offered the discount of someone with a year license.

www.xsplit.com/buy

2. Joey M

Joey M Well-Known Member

It's a gamble if the software will be honoured.

I think if you can gain the worth out of it, go for it but personally I avoid 'lifetime' offers because I have seen in all cases its generally not actually worth the upfront fee. I have been reimbursed $300 after continuously complaining that a certain place opt out and tried forcing licenses into 'standard' ones.

3. shaila

shaila Staff Member

Generally I agree to be cautious of lifetime offers. I have seen many services offer lifetime upgrades that either weren't inclined or capable of fully providing the offered value.

However, with XSplit, I'm already a longterm user of the Premium license. I know XSplit delivers what they offer, without funny business. Additionally, I have some positive experiences with getting lifetime upgrades from other services. So I have reasons to not be pessimistic. :)